Welcome to ScareLA
ScareLA™ premiered in 2013 as the first fan convention dedicated to celebrating Halloween. Situated in the entertainment capital of the world, it combines the city’s top talent and unique cultural setting with a twist! Drawing fans and haunt entertainment professionals, the event features top attraction designers and operators, manufacturers, artists, filmmakers and more. The weekend-long Halloween season teaser celebrates California’s hottest scary faire with attraction unveils, workshops and classes, top industry panels, haunt tours, screenings and activities. Share, inspire, play – ScareLA.
What you can expect
- 100,000+ sq. ft. of Halloween mayhem in the middle of the SoCal summer
- Curated collection of 200+ exhibitors showcasing scary goods, services & job opportunities
- Celebrity and expert panels on the haunt business, horror entertainment and more
- Sneak peaks and unveils of the top and most anticipated upcoming local haunts and theme parks
- Performances by local horror themed theatre companies and musicians
- Professional demos of makeup, set building, costume creation, animatronics
- Hands-on workshops taught by top industry professionals for all skill levels and ages
- Screening room to show over 75 original horror films, documentaries and shorts
- Mini-haunts, interactive experiences, games, roaming monsters, costume party and more!
Who We Are
We are a proud community of artists, creators, and entrepreneurs who share a love for Halloween, horror, and immersive entertainment. Together we give the SoCal scare industry a voice which can be heard world-wide. ScareLA is created in Los Angeles for fans of all ages.
2016 Event Details
WHEN: Aug 6 (11:00am – 7:00pm) – Aug 7 (11:00am – 6:00pm), 2016
WHERE: Pasadena Convention Center, 300 E Green Str., Pasadena, CA
WHAT: Halloween in the summer, what?!!